Wednesday, February 09, 2005

First tries

Tried on a couple of dirndls today. It wasn't very successful, as it was just a last minute idea with 15 minutes to go before the store shut. The women running the dirndl department were trying to be nice, but they actually really wanted me out of there so they could leave work punctually. I tried on a couple just to get a feel for them. G was with me. I don't think it's a big deal if he sees Zee Dress before Zee Big Day. In fact, I would rather know that he likes my outfit as well as I myself. Anyone have any strong opinions on the matter?

"Do It Yourself" Wedding Tips - Save!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes let the groom see it. Strong opinion. Justification #1: they're his wedding pictures too. Of course you'll (both) be gorgeous whatever you end up with, but he's got a vested interest in making sure that happens bzw. helping it happen. #2: if you start out by not letting him help in this decision, you can forget any input on other decisions and you'll end up organizing everything yourself. #3: I think surprises are bad. Just in general.

These are not to say you'd do this or that knowing ZG as I do, he'd definitely react that way, but are rather mere generalizations.

Anonymous said...

I really don't want M. to see my dress before our wedding. He is getting involved with organizing everything else and knows exactly what will happen.
But I really want to walk down that aisle and see the look on his face... After nearly 5 years of total honesty in the clothes department ("Nein. Sieht furchtbar aus. Sorry"), I know what he'll like and what not!

Anonymous said...

I don't want to see Kathrin in her dress before the day itself. I have seen the dress though. I like the idea of a surprise on the day. Everything else we'll be organising together though.