I thought, just for fun, I would compare our upcoming nuptials to that of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles. We are labeled 1. and in regular print; Camilla and Charles are labeled 2. and in italics
1. Zee Bride and Zee Groom;
2. Camilla Parker Bowles and Prince Charles
1. 33 & 26;
2. 57 & 56
Aha, Camilla picked herself a toyboy too!
Length of time they have known each other
1. approx 29 months,
2. approx. 32 years
1. Publicly, Jan. 1, 2005;
2. Publicly, February 10, 2005
They’ve wanted to for longer, but we still beat them.
1. None yet;
2. The engagement ring is said to be an Art Deco era ring once owned by the Queen Mother. The platinum ring has a square-cut central diamond with three diamond baguettes on either side.
Okay, they beat us here. But I like the choice of Art Deco.
1. Jan. 20, 2006 (probably, don’t book your flights yet);
2. April 8, 2005
Wow! Get your skates on kids, hope everything is ready!
1. Traditional Bavarian;
2. Designed by London designers.
Horses for courses, as the Brits say.
Civil or church ceremony?
We shall do things civilly.
1. Standesamt, Munich, Germany;
2. Town Hall, Windsor, United Kingdom
This is also the same as us.
Number of guests
1. less than 20;
2. for the actual ceremony it’s unclear- there are 2 rooms, one holds up to 30 people, the other up to 100
Pretty small as well.
Does the Mother of the Groom want to attend?
1. Yes, but may not since she lives on the other side of the world.
2. No, but there will be a blessing and reception held at her "house" just down the road.
Well, Liz claims it’s to help keep the wedding low-key. Others claim it's because there will be too many commoners around. You choose.
So, as we can see, some similarities, some differences. My theory about why they decided to do the wedding so quickly: They were worried about it being overshadowed by ours because of our growing fame from this blog.